Celebrating, Dining with Family, Snuggling with Grandbabies; and Doing Laundry. This was a weekend to do all of those things mentioned.

Saturday morning we celebrated with Michelle at a baby shower that Margaret and Eme hosted. What fun to play games with family and friends. As a surprise to Michelle, Jenny Gable showed up to share in the fun with her baby, Rainey along with 14 others. Michelle received lots of fun things and all had a good time.


Snuggling with grandbabies is just something fun that I get to do quite often. Thursday evening I snuggled with Oliver while Margaret and Eme did the shopping for the shower on Saturday. Then on Friday night I went over to Eme's to snuggle first with Lucius, then with Brianna while Margaret and Eme prepared the food for Saturday's shower. Both of the girls commented on the fact that they didn't know how I did it with two babies AND a three year old. I guess I made it through because I had to and when you do it you just don't think about it, you just get it done. It wasn't without it's frustrations but the time spent was also a joy. And what fun to be a help to both of them so they could enjoy each other with babies near by but not to have to run each time one fussed. Then during the shower, I had the joy of holding Lucius, Brianna and Oliver.
On Sunday Eme and Jon provided lunch for the family. What fun to sit around the table and enjoy conversation and stories with each other. The girls gifted me with an early birthday present, explaining that I am hard to shop for and they thought they had an great idea for a gift and then I went and bought it myself. A week ago I bought myself and new rocker/recliner (which is what they were going to help pay for) so that when I did get those times when grandbabies came to the house I could rock-a-bye with them. But still their gift was very humbling for me and appreciated more than they will know. Thank you so much Laura & John, Margaret & Jerimy, Michelle & Jeremy, and Eme and Jon. I love you all.
And then Sunday afternoon arrived and I realized that if I wanted clean clothes for the week, I had better do laundry. So the afternoon and evening was spent doing that task. Now I am ready for another work week.
No comments:
Post a Comment