Monday, March 15, 2010

Sunday Afternoon

On Sunday afternoon, I was invited to have some snuggle time with my grandsons while Marmee and Daddy went to a movie. I love to have the grandkids over and jumped at the chance to have some time to spend with them.

When they arrived at lunch time, Oliver having already eaten said to us "actually (his new cutest word) I'm hungry". Of course, how can you turn down feeding him yet again when he says things like that. He also asked if he could have a chip, please Morfar and who are we to refuse such a polite request.

After Marmee and Daddy left, Oliver and Morfar went outside to play as the sun was shining and it was warm. Morfar told Oliver that they had to stay on the deck because of the dog poop that he had not picked up. Oliver turned to Morfar and said, "Dog poop is huge mess." Boy, does he have that right. He played for quite a while with Morfar outside and then came in to play inside.
Lucius fell asleep before Marmee and Daddy left and stayed asleep swinging in the swing. He did wake for a while and I got the chance to hold and snuggle on him while Oliver dumped all the toys out of their baskets and took his Morfar downstairs to play with the "new" toys and animals.

When he came upstairs, he shared that "actually, the big Teddy Bear is right there (on the couch)". He carries the big bear all over and likes to sit in the little rocking chair and rock with it, however there really isn't enough room for the two of them. Oliver doesn't mind, he just squeezes in the chair with him.

Thanks Oliver and Lucius for spending Sunday afternoon with Mormor and Morfar.

Actually, I suppose I should thank Marmee and Daddy for bringing you over for the afternoon.

No comments: