Sunday, June 8, 2008

Oliver's Dedication/1/2 Birthday Day

And what a day it was. It started out with Michelle and I heading to Mindware, a store next to where she works for a warehouse sale -- you can not believe how many people were there filling boxes with items to purchase. Michelle and I found a few games for her to take with to Iceland, and then discovered the Lizards puzzle. It is from an M.C. Escher creation that makes into a sponge mat to play on. You can put the lizards in different places and it changes shape -- it was a hit with Eme, Michelle, and myself.

Then we had people arrive for the "Oliver" celebration. I think I counted about 26 people there. It was a beautiful day for a dedication. We had people from the neighborhood standing out in their yards watching as Rob Boyd did the honors for Margaret and Jerimy (for those who caught the error). Then it was time for pictures. It was fun to have all here (we missed having Laura, John and Danya with us).






After that crowd left we invited the Bonkoski's over to spend time with Eme and Jon. We barbequed and held Oliver (who stuck around for a bit). The day ended well and all slept good that night.

No comments: