Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Weekend to Remember


This whole blogging thing is interesting to say the least. I think I am going to get ahead and add something after I've had an enjoyable time or spent time with children/grandchildren. Then I realize that it is an entire week later and I haven't finished the blog. So here is an update from last weekend.

Those of you who know me; know that I spent a great deal of time with the junior high and senior high from Central Baptist Church. Last weekend we headed out to Alpine Slide up by Taylors Falls. It was a fun time had by all. AND best part -- I got to hang out with Ashley and Kylee and some of their friends.

The girls decided that rolling down the ski slope would be great fun. However, there was some grass that was rather pokey on the way down and they ended up quite dizzy.

After Alpine Slide we headed into Stillwater for Brown's Ice cream. A single scoop ice cream is enormous in my book. I asked for the child's size and ended up with a cup and a half of ice cream. It is amazing -- if you want good ice cream head on out to Stillwater and Nelson's Ice Cream shop.

Then came the best part of the weekend. I had won the opportunity to spend a few hours with Oliver, my grandson. Little did we know that Marmee (Margaret, Oliver's mom) would get sick on Saturday morning and need to rest and get better. But still Oliver came over and we played together. Here we are trying to take a self portrait -- I think Oliver got it but, me on the other hand, not so much.

I love spending time with him as he grows and changes.





By Sunday evening, Marmee was feeling better and even came over to hang out for a bit. It was a fun weekend that I hope I can remember for some time to come.

No comments: