Each year Central Baptist Church gathers those members who would enjoy a weekend retreat and head to St Croix State Park for a weekend of fun, adventure, food, and lots of fellowship. The evening begins on Friday of Memorial Day weekend and lasts until about 1 pm on Sunday.

This year Gary and I headed up to camp with three teenagers and all of our stuff packed into our Escape. It was a bit cozy in the back seat but I, for one, didn't hear the girls complain at all.

Gary took the opportunity to pull out his camera and take pictures (which is one of his many pasttimes that he truly enjoys)
Todd Erickson was the speaker this year and what a message he brought us. Are

we winners in the world's sight and losers in the God's sight or are we losers in the world's sight and Winners in God's sight?

He had many stories that showed how we can be winners in God's sight if we just remember what his teachings are. Thanks, Todd.

Todd's also an awesome third baseman.

Saturday was spent taking walks with friends. Jill, Jonah, Kat, Dan and I started off on a hike to the river. Jill and her bunch made it part way and decided they were done so they turned around but Dan and I continued

(reminded us of many past years where we would go for a long hike together. This year was a bit different in that we took the road less traveled (meaning it wasn't paved) but we arrived at our destination and then sat and chatted for a bit before our journey back to camp.

After returning from our walk, it was time to watch a little softball and talk with old friends. Barb and I had a chance to catch up on the kids we minister to in the youth group. And as always, I got a chance to tell her about my grandkids and my girls. Anytime you want to listen, just let me know, I love to talk about them.

Saturday night was a time for a little square dancing. The group was small this year but those that participated had a lot of fun. Gary and I started but his knee went out on him and so we watched and took pictures.

Sunday, as we were packing up to leave, this little critter decided to saunter past our cabin. I had never seen a porcupine in the daylight let alone as close as he was. It was fun way to end the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment