Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hawaii Trip



What fun it was to take a trip to "warm" country and visit with Laura, John and Danya. I arrived late on Wednesday, February 2, 2011 and stayed until February 14, 2011. On the first Thursday we headed to the beach to soak up a little sun and fun in the ocean as Danya was to have surgery on that first Friday and would not be able to go back in the ocean for two weeks. We searched for rocks (coral) and swam in the ocean which Danya loves to do.

During the time spent in Hawaii, I learned about Monarch butterflys and got to see what the caterpillars look like; I got a chance to meet several of Laura's "Mom" friends and the one she calls her "Hawaii Mom"; We visited the Plantation Village which is a fun thing to experience and learned that Waipahu means Spring of Water; I got to hear John preach; and basically enjoy time of talking, sharing, laughing, and playing with Danya and Laura.

The pictures are only a small sampling of the fun we shared. Thank you John, Laura and Danya for sharing the time with me. Love you all.

No comments: